Saturday, October 29, 2011

They probably stopped for coffee as well.

I haven't been traveling much lately so this blog has gone silent but I found something that belongs here.

While cleaning out my storage closet I found a journal that I wrote during a family trip through Scandinavia in August, 1988. It's not that different from this blog--very terse explanations of our adventures interspersed with attempts at humor.
"Yesterday we took a train into town and saw the ruins under Christianborg Palace, went on a boat tour, saw the present Christianborg palace, walked through Stroget shopping mall, climbed the steeple of a church, and went to Tivoli Gardens."
I guess I thought that day in Copenhagen was so interesting that it warranted its very own run-on sentence. On the other hand, sometimes I will take a whole paragraph to describe a mini-golf course.

My favorite entry is on the left. It says a lot about my childhood, specifically that it was pretty great. It also contains a reference to the title of this blog.


1 comment: