Saturday, April 17, 2010

A taste of my childhood

Remember the original McDonald's apple pie? That deep-fried pocket of pure joy with the perfect crispy, flaky crust? I hadn't had one in 15-20 years until the last time I was in Taiwan and I discovered that they still had them. Yesterday I went back to make sure that it wasn't all just a wonderful dream. It's real, and it's just as delicious as I remembered.

But seriously, US McDonald's, what were you thinking when you replaced this masterpiece with the pedestrian Baked Apple Pie? I feel like it happened long before the low-cal, low-fat hysteria really kicked in. Whatever the reason is, I'm sure if I heard it I would bang my head on a table. Wanna bet there's a lawsuit or focus group involved? Bring back the original!

No comments:

Post a Comment