Friday, April 16, 2010

A milestone of sorts


Having been away for a month, I had to get a haircut this week. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage that over here. It turned out to be a piece of cake because the hotel offers this service. I thought the whole experience was pretty typical of goods and services here in Taiwan. Specifically...

  • They're open late. In this case, 9pm.
  • They have a way to work around the language issue. She had a picture book of dudes with different haircuts with zoomed in pictures of the sideburns, etc. Just point.
  • It comes with a little something extra. In this case, a vigorous head-rubbing with shampoo, and a little Kim-Jong-Il-style poofing up at the end. I didn't really need those but I always appreciate attention to detail.
Unlike most goods and services here, it wasn't particularly cheap, but that's because it happened at the hotel. Plus, considering she came to me instead of the other way around, I would expect to pay a little more.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to post a picture or will I just have to hop on a plane and come see for myself?

    ReplyDelete